Tuesday, May 17, 2011

YES or NO


I remember still, in my lower primary days it was because of these 'Fill up the blanks with a yes/no' questions, that I scored a mark or two more than my fellow competitor, to top the class. But as years passed by, I feel the need to evaluate myself on my compendium over arriving at a conclusion of 'yes' or 'no'.

Life is all about knowing where to invest 'my time'. You can reach where you want to reach tomorrow, only if you invest enough of your today in the direction of tomorrow. The investment can take the form of principles, values, friends, property, or not to miss mentioning money. But the 'my time' may intersect with 'our time' as we live in a world which teaches us the importance of sensitivity, maturity and social responsibility. With due respect to it has to be taken a choice of 'yes' or 'no'.

Now you there, you and you alone are responsible for all your choices. No blame is allowed ever. Many time we decide on 'yes' because we fear of how the other person may react over our 'no'. Face your fear fearlessly. Do not let others mould you; shape yourself. It is, to have a ready 'yes' for what is important and more importantly, to have the control to say 'no' to the 'I dont have to do' aspects of life. The greatest happiness one can derive is to be able to say, " I had enough time for everything that I believed was important".

Now there is my friend inviting me for an outing this weekend whereas my plan is to take a day long beauty sleep. What shall I answer her now? Yes....No...er, wait a sec...lemme re-think on it.

1 comment: